Why use Kahoot?
- Kids love it. It’s a competition. It’s fun. It’s fast. It’s stressful.
- It’s wonderful for a WHOLE CLASS review. After each question the answer is revealed and there is time for a teacher to go over responses.
- It allows you to get data after each question, seeing on the screen what students are choosing and where they may be going right or wrong.
- The speed of the game allows for you to see whether students are VERY familiar with a concept or may need a little more review.
- Pictures, videos, and text may be put into questions so you can do more than just ask simple questions.
Why use Quizizz?
- Kids love it. Again, it’s a competition but they can actually compete with other class periods because they don’t take it all simultaneously.
- Kids love it because of the memes! They are adorably built into the game for a quick brain break.
- Quizizz can be taken ANY time and ANY where as long as they have the link. Students can also take it multiple times.
- Quizizz is better for individual review- put it in a Hyperdoc or post it on Google Classroom before a test.
- Quizizz’s premade quizzes are splendid and you can have your own data on your students even if you didn’t make the quiz.
- The data is SO easy:
Here are my running quizzes.. just click view to see data.
Below is my data by question. I can easily see what students are missing as a whole class or group of classes. Uh oh with question #1! Then if I want to look at individual student score, I go to players and it sorts them in order from highest to lowest. I can then go check with students who are on the lower side. SO SO easy.